Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Of licking walls and drooling on keyboards...

April 1, 2020   
Day 16 of Working from Home (Day 12 if one is only counting business days, but I'm a teacher, so, I typically work weekends)

I spent much of yesterday and three hours already today(it's only 10am) attempting to learn New Techy Things in my quest to better help my students while schools are closed for this pandemic.  I'm not all that tech savvy, so am at neither my least frustrated, nor most serene at the moment.  My coworkers are exceptionally noisy this morning, adding to my lack of serenity(now if I was ON the Serenity... but I digress). Their obstreperous behavior notwithstanding, I have been informed that I am not, at this juncture, allowed to turn them all into fur rugs and/or wall hangings.  I'm going to revisit that with HR if things don't change here soon.

The youngest of my collegues has noticed my growing irritation, and has chosen to "help" by sticking her head over the top of my laptop, and drooling down the screen, while wiggling her whole body at approximately 90 miles per hour.  This is not as much help as one might suppose. That notwithstanding, she is so eager and happy about, well, everything,  I am loathe to nail her in the nose with the squirt bottle(just water people, just water, and she likes to try to catch the water anyhow), so I am attempting to distract her from her mission via belly rubs and kisses on the nose. So far so good; she is no longer trying to climb on the table, and my screen is remaining noseprint and drool free.




My oldest coworker is currently trying to lick my toes. It seems to be diverting him from yelling at our other officemates(usually for no discernible reason), and he is small enough that he is not knocking the table around, so I'll let it go for now.  Another one of my office staff is currently on the back of the sofa, licking the wall.  I didn't even ask.

Oh, just great, now two more of my staff are trying to lick my shins. WHAT is THAT about? DISTRACTING! I don't have time for this nonsense.  SECURITY! SECURITY!!!  ...  Oh. Well... It seems our Head of Security has taken her 2nd in command outside for some PT.  I suppose it IS important to be able to wrestle miscreants to the ground, so I guess I can understand the wrestling(although I do wish they wouldn't do so in mud puddles).  And the insane zoomies around the yard, well I get the importance of keeping up one's stamina in case one were to have to run down an intruder.  But I fail to see where the throwing of balls fits into the workplace.

FINALLY, the security team has returned. The big guy is assistant to our Head of Security.  Is it me, or does he look a little sheepish?  I KNEW they were pulling one over on me with that ball throwing nonsense! The small, shaggy-in-need-of-a-haircut(I mean come on, this is the workplace! At least TRY to look professional!) dude next to him, peeking out through that mop of hair, is one who kept stealing the large "chaise lounges" the other day.  He's acting all innocent now, but I've got my eye on him. He tries to distract me with kisses, but I'm not falling for it!  I've got work to do. Stay safe until next time.
UPDATE: The wall licker is now licking furniture... and no, I still have no idea.


3 comments:

  1. It's obvious working from home is far more productive and entertaining vs teaching at school 😂

    Love the posts and videos.

    ReplyDelete